Do you have difficulties thinking about how to make your meals more nutritious while ensuring it doesn’t taste bland? Fret not, we have come up with three delicious recipes for you so you don’t have to crack your brain.
1. Fish Porridge (Suitable for babies)
Do you know that white anchovy powder or whitebait powder is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and protein which are important for brain and bone development? Babies go through an amazing growth spurt in their first year so to ensure that your child grows up healthily, it’s important to consume enough nutrients to support their body development. The white anchovy powder is a perfect food seasoning to add to your child’s diet.
- Add white anchovy powder and 1.5 cups water to rice and boil on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Add carrots and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach and codfish and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with marmite, if desired.
*Remember to taste test and add white anchovy powder accordingly*
2. Macaroni Soup
Have you ever tried making an Ikan Bilis stock for your noodles or your soup? Koreans love to use anchovies for their stocks and it’s not hard to figure out why. Besides adding more flavor to the soup, Ikan Bilis powder or brown anchovy powder is also high in calcium and protein. It contained omega-3 fatty acids, which promote brain and heart health. They contain iodine, selenium, and many other nutrients too.
- In a pot, cook the macaroni according to the manufacturer’s instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Pan-fry cubes of spam and egg over medium.
- In another pot, boil the chicken stock along with the Ikan Bilis powder and dried white anchovy. Add macaroni, corn, green peas, corn kernels, and spam. Cook until it boils again. Add soy sauce, sea salt, and black pepper.
- Drizzle with sesame oil. Serve hot with a fried egg on top.
3. Vegetables Korean Pancake
In this recipe, we are using one of our star products, shrimp powder. It’s a great source of vitamin B6, low in saturated fat, and high in protein. Vitamin B6 promotes better blood circulation and gives you a stronger immune system. It also adds a rich and deep flavor to your food.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Slowly pour in the water while mixing. Mix until you’ve reached a thick batter consistency. If the batter is still too thick, you can add 2-4 tbsp more water.
- Do note that the batter should be thick and should coat the vegetables well.
- Mix the veggies of choice into the batter and mix evenly to coat.
Dipping Sauce – Mix everything together and feel free to adjust to your taste.
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar, adjust to taste
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sesame seeds
- Gochugaru or chili flakes/powder optional
Are you excited to try out the recipes?
You can also add a dash of our premium powders into your daily meals to enhance the flavor and nutrients. Check out and follow @cystalofthesea.sg on Instagram for more recipes and promotions! Check out the promotion on Shopee, Lazada, and our official website, and make your purchase now!